Frontend Engineer (React) - Istanbul
Plentific is one of UK’s fastest growing technology start-ups. We provide homeowners, landlords and property managers a transactional marketplace to find and hire repairs, maintenance and home improvement professionals.
We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join the engineering team. You’ll be working alongside a highly technical and motivated team and report to the technical co-founder. You would be expected to apply fundamental engineering and mathematical skills to solve problems and overcome challenges, not just develop code. For people with the right mindset, this frame of mind provides an intellectually stimulating environment.
You will be working from our newly established Istanbul office and be part of a distributed team of engineers working from the UK and Italy in addition to Turkey. There will be plenty of opportunities to travel and collaborate face to face.
- Work with product owners, product managers, user interface designers and other software engineers to write technical documents that identify software project requirements
- Write well-formulated, testable and readable code using appropriate software design patterns
- Diagnose and solve page load and other speed issues
- Debug and fix bugs across our applications
- Participate in code reviews
- Review, maintain and refactor existing code to meet the requirements for improved or new features
- Write technical documentation of code, algorithms and APIs
- Help in drafting of end-user manuals
- Identify, evaluate and communicate frontend best practices
- 1+ year commercial React experience using one of the Flux frameworks
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices and considerations
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, readable and reusable code
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts in plain English
- Top academics (BSc, MSc) in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or another field with strong programming curriculum
- No military obligation for male candidates or postponed for at least 2 years
- Competitive compensation package
- A new 15’’ MacBook pro and supporting hardware of your choice
- Learning and development fund