Find a Permitted development design / advice professional

Post your job for free and our trade professionals will contact you to quote

Number of permitted development design / advice professionals
Permitted development design / advice reviews
5.0 average review score for permitted development design / advice professionals
Avg. Rating

How to Find a permitted development design / advice professional

Hiring a tradesman to design or advise on a permitted development

If you are seeking advice or design ideas for a permitted development, consider hiring a professional who specialises in this. Plentific can generate a list of the best tradesmen in your local area that offer the services you need, from a growing list of over 75,000 tradesmen nationwide. You will also have quick access to customer reviews and ratings to help you choose the best tradesman to suit you.

What do you need to know about permitted development design/advice?

A company that houses architects and structural engineers are the kind of companies you want to be approaching for design or advice regarding a permitted development. An architect can draft up the design according to your vision and advise you, according to your budget, on what would work best within the space. A structural engineer’s role is to protect the public’s safety and to assess whether the building’s structure can withstand the design changes in its environment. An established firm should also be able to show you examples of projects it has worked on in the past. 

Remember that larger companies often have higher overheads and will charge more as a result. Qualifications and experience matter more than the size of the business, so do not be put off from looking at freelancers and smaller businesses. Architects and structural engineers are specialists and need degrees to practice. If you are unsure of what to look for, you can find this information on the National Careers Service website. It is a good sign of your specialist belongs to a national tradesman organisation, such as the Institute of Structural Engineers. Groups like these have extremely high standards for entry, and members are regulated. You also want to ensure that you choose a professional that is covered by Public Liability Insurance. This will cover you if poor work on their part costs you down the line.

Latest Jobs

Andrew C. in HP4

Drawings for a 2 story side extension to a linked detached house to include a bedroom above existing garage and a utility room on the ground floor. Upper floor to be accessible via existing stair case. Utility accessible from rear garden.

Rav R. in BR1

want to do side and back extension, garage conversion and some work in already converted loft. Looking for architect service for the same

Jim G. in TW16

Hi, we want to build single storey extension across the whole rear of house, we would like a quote for your services to assist in building control/ planning approvals. Ideally we would like a single room inside, and a small balcony (enough for small table & 2 chairs) on roof.

Paul P.

We are moving into a new property and want to know how much it would cost to have a professional provide some basic advice around ground floor designs and layout, including kitchen and some advice on permitted development.

Latest Reviews

by Aine M.
Went beyond the call of duty, I especially valued the clear and straightforward communication.
by Gergo G.
Clear and very quick communication any time, it was great to deal with these guys.
by Leigh C.
Hired the services of Studio Squared for steel beam calculations to satisfy building regulations. Very professional and always quick to answer any queries and explain things Would definitely use again - highly recommend
by Fey A.
Manaf was very quick to respond and gave an honest advice on the project. He's very knowledgeable and his price competitive.