Find a Fire Safety Consultant
Need a local fire safety consultant? Post your job with Plentific and in no time you'll get free quotes from recommended fire safety consultants near you. Whether you need a fire safety inspection, audit, or a sprinkler system installation service, let Plentific find your ideal Pro!
Featured Pros for Fire Safety Consultant
Fire Safety Consultant Advice Guides
Latest Fire Safety Consultant Reviews
Finding a fire safety consultant
A fire safety consultant is the go-to professional for anyone who wishes to get expert advice on how to make their business premises as fire safe as possible. They are unrelated to the services of local fire stations and work independently to provide fire safety services in advance of any fire or safety incidences.
Fire safety consultants give advice to business owners, building developers, engineers, insurers, building control offers, manufacturers, and fire authorities.
Fires happen when you are least expecting them, and many businesses are wiped out completely as they don’t have the right precautions and products in place to reduce damage and stop the fire spreading. Fire safety consultants help you avoid this. Benefits of their services are:
How to hire a fire safety consultant?
Hiring a fire safety consultant shouldn’t be a hassle. Yet finding the right expert for the job takes a little upfront consideration. Think about the specific project needs you have for your fire safety expert, and then use the following tips to hire the right person for the job:
- Browse for local professionals on Plentific – The first place to start is to browse for local fire safety consultants via Plentific and take a look at their profile; most experts provide a clear description of the specific services they offer. Plus, look out for our ‘Verified by Plentific’ badge which certifies that we have checked a business’s references, qualifications, and Companies House details.
- Check experience & qualifications– Build your confidence in a potential fire safety consultant by getting to know how long they’ve been in the business, and what qualifications they have. Many of the experts on Plentific make it clear how many years they have been trading and also display showcased projects – so you can get to better know their work and see what types of clients they have previously dealt with.
- Get a quote - We always recommend getting a number of comparable quotes before hiring any tradesmen. This allows you to get a glimpse into dealing with a handful of professionals and ensures you pay a price which you are comfortable with. What services do fire safety consultants provide?
- Fire risk assessments to meet the Regulatory Reform Order and fire related aspects of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Fire damage assessment and recommendations on remedial measures
- Survey of passive fire precautions
- Remedial passive fire protection work recommendations
- Audits on work of fire safety engineers
- Assisting building control organisations in strategy, design, construction and commissioning of fire safety projects
- Fire safety engineering studies and calculations such as smoke control
- Fire safety equipment installation
- Asbestos surveys
- Gas and electrical certificates for landlords
- Fire escape route planning
- Fire drill planning and testing
- Fire door product testing
Independent fire safety consultants typically offer a number of fire inspection services which enable their clients to take the right safety precautions. These include:
What are the costs of hiring fire safety consultants?
The cost of hiring a fire safety consultant will be dependent on the task you needed assistance with, making it important you get an upfront quote and a price you are comfortable with. There are no industry-specific rates and with such a diverse array of services available, costs could range from £40 to thousands.
Fire safety consultancy rates are based on:
What questions should I ask a fire safety consultant?
If you know little about fire safety regulations and how to protect your home or business premises beyond a smoke detector, you’ll want to ask the right questions before you book the services of a consultant. Here are a number of question you may benefit from asking: