Find a Specialist Tradesman
Looking for a recommended local specialist tradesman? You can post your job with Plentific to get quotes from approved specialist tradesmen near you! For services from lift installation to asbestos removal, a Plentific Pro will be your ideal hire!
Featured Pros for Specialist Tradesman
Latest Specialist Tradesman Reviews
Finding a specialist tradesman
When you need a highly skilled tradesman in a particular field (whether it be home renovation, swimming pool installation, or tree surgery) you may wish to look out for a specialist tradesman. Specialist tradesmen are professionals who have become experts in their field of manual labour and are recognised at the top of their game locally or across the country.
At Plentific, we can help you find specialist tradesmen with a variety of different focuses, as we list recommended tradesmen for both domestic and commercial projects nationwide.
How to hire a specialist tradesman?
Take the hassle out of hiring a specialist tradesman with our platform specifically developed to help you find reliable local service providers. Whatever sort of specialist you are looking for, use the following steps to find a professional you can trust:
- Browse for local professionals on Plentific – Begin the process by browsing local tradesmen with our simple search function. You can search for ‘specialist tradesman’ in your area, to take a look at the specialists from across the board, or you can be more specific about the services you need and browse for a plumber, electrician, floor specialist, etc.
- Look out for the ‘Verified by Plentific’ badge- As you browse our listings, keep your eye out for the ‘Verified by Plentific’ badge which demonstrates we have checked the legitimacy of a business. Our checks include: looking at references, checking Companies House registration details, and verifying qualifications.
- Read reviews – Next, it’s time to get to know how professional works by reading reviews and testimonials from previous customers. Many of our listed experts have reviews on their profiles, along with ‘showcased projects’ which include photos and descriptions of previously completed jobs.
- Get quotes – Finally, before deciding on one tradesman, get a mix of quotes from a shortlist of businesses who carry out the service you desire. We recommend getting at least 3 quotes which you can directly compare. This way you get a better understanding of the average cost, and you have the information you need to negotiate with the specialist you ultimately want to work with.
- Check experience & qualifications – If a specialist tradesman has yet to be verified by us, you may want to carry out your own research to check on their experience & qualifications. Read their website and look at trade association memberships too. While being a member of a trade association does not guarantee the level of service you can expect to receive, it goes a long way in proving how seriously a professional takes their work. And they are likely to work to recognisable codes of practice developed through decades of experience in the industry.
What services do specialist tradesmen provide?
The term ‘specialist tradesman’ refers to those professionals who are expertise in a specific niche of construction, renovation, home improvement, security, maintenance, and other related industries. This means the services which a specialist tradesman will provide vary hugely depending on their niche.
If you’re unsure if a specialist tradesman is required for the job you have, don’t be afraid to make an enquiry and find out more about them – you are never under any obligation to hire a professional’s services after an initial consultation, and most businesses are more than happy to answer any questions emailed in by potential customers.
What are the costs of hiring a specialist tradesman?
As with the services provided by specialist tradesmen, the costs vary hugely. Browse our listings and many professionals have listed the price range of their services, however for an accurate quote you’ll need to make an enquiry and give as much detail as possible.
Depending on the project at hand, a tradesman may request to come out to your property and carry out an inspection to create an accurate quote for you.
When asking for a quote, be as specific as possible about what you require, including any details about the urgency of completion. Ask about any hidden costs, too. This makes comparing separate quotes straightforward.
What questions should I ask specialist tradesmen?
Whether you’re looking for a security specialist or are in need of a lift fitting expert, be sure to ask plenty of questions before hiring the services. The more informed you are, the more likely you will be happy with your return on investment. Questions to consider asking are: