Last updated: 4th May 2018
Plentific Ltd. (" We" or “Plentific”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of data privacy laws applicable to our Site and broader offering, including, without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulations (“ GDPR”), the data controller in regards to your Personal Data is Plentific Ltd. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA020570).
A. WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
We use our Site to connect homeowners with professional providers of home maintenance and improvement services. In some cases, We work with business partners to make these services more widely accessible.
We process your Personal Data (as defined under GDPR) in order to facilitate the making of contracts for services between the homeowner (also referred to herein as the “ Customer”) and the professional service provider (also referred to herein as the “Pro”).
We do not collect ‘sensitive data’ (that is data about such matters as your religious beliefs or political opinions).
B. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by completing registration forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, search for a specific service, place an order on our Site, participate in reviews on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, photographs and information to verify your identity.
Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site We reserve the right to automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services We provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer with your agreement. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical and performance cookies - These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor and all information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your login details). Information collected by functionality cookies may or may not be anonymised, but they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. The functionality cookies on our Site only collect anonymous information.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 90 days.
D. USES MADE OF THE PERSONAL DATA
I. We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- To provide the services associated with our Site and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To keep our business partner (whose brand is applied to the Site from which you accessed this Policy) informed about the services which We are providing to you in conjunction with that business partner.
- To provide you with information about other products and services We offer which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by phone with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Information We collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
II. We may disclose your Personal Data in the following ways:
Related Party Disclosures- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Select Third Party Disclosures- We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data with the following select third parties:
- Our suppliers and subcontractors (i.e., processors) that have been engaged by Plentific.
- Business partners, subject to your affirmative consent, who may wish to use your data for marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time via the link provided in our email correspondence. Alternatively, you can deactivate your account via your dashboard on our Site.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but We may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition precedent for you to use our Site.
III. We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following reasons :
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Plentific or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Plentific together with our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
E. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
F. KYC AND OTHER BACKGROUND SEARCHES
We reserve the right to carry out know your customer and other background searches on both our Customers and Pros alike who wish to utilize our Site. All information We collect from such background searches will be kept completely confidential and will only be used by us to evaluate your application/registration to our Site. Except for providing this background information to our vendors and/or legal authorities, no other parties will be given access to this information without your prior consent.
G. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (" EEA"). It may also be processed by personnel and/or third party suppliers engaged by Plentific who operate outside the EEA. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once We receive it. However, due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure and other factors, the security of End User information may be compromised at any time. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Therefore, We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information and disclaim any assurance that such information will remain free from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
I. DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain Personal Data only for as long as is necessary, subject to applicable privacy laws and regulations. In some cases, We will have a legal or statutory obligation to retain information for a set period (for example: accounting records).
J. POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Plentific does not knowingly collect personal information from minors who are under the age of 16 through the Websites and/or the Services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without his/her consent, then he or she should contact Plentific at the address described below. If We become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information, We will delete such information from our files.
K. YOUR RIGHTS
Applicable privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR) give you certain rights in regards to the Personal Data We collect about you. Those rights include the following:
- To request from us access to Personal Data We may hold on you;
- To request the rectification of Personal Data;
- To impose restrictions on, or otherwise object to, processing your Personal Data;
- Data portability;
- Right to be forgotten (i.e. deletion right)
If you request that your Personal Data be deleted before a service transaction is complete, We may not be able to provide that service.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
In addition, We expressly reserve the right to delay or otherwise deny any such request that you submit to us if said request would result in a violation of applicable laws and regulations, or otherwise adversely affect any legitimate interest We seek to assert.
Any changes We may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, We will notify you via email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
M. INQUIRIES & CONCERNS