Last updated: 31st January 2019
Plentific (" We", "Our", "Us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of data privacy laws applicable to Our website and broader offering, including, without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”), the Data Controller in regards to your Personal Data is Plentific Ltd. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA020570).
A. WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
We use our Site to connect homeowners with professional providers of home maintenance and improvement services. In some cases, We work with business partners to make these services more widely accessible.
We process your Personal Data in order to facilitate the making of contracts for services between the homeowner (the “Customer”) and the professional service providers (the “Pros”).
We do not collect ‘sensitive data’ (that is data about such matters as your religious beliefs or political opinions).
B. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give Us. You may give Us information about you by completing registration forms on our Site or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, search for a specific service, place an order on our Site, participate in reviews on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give Us may include, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, photographs and information to verify your identity.
Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site We reserve the right to automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services We provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, Companies House, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer with your agreement. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical and performance cookies - These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor and all information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables Us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your login details). Information collected by functionality cookies may or may not be anonymised, but they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. The functionality cookies on our Site only collect anonymous information.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 90 days.
D. USES MADE OF THE PERSONAL DATA
I. We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to Us. We may use this information:
- To provide the services associated with our Site and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other products and services We offer which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS), by phone or post with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Information We collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- If you are a Pro, to complete any necessary verification checks, where verification is a condition precedent for you to use our Site. This includes but is not limited to confirmation of your identity, insurance details and the outcome of your enhanced background check.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
II. We may disclose your Personal Data in the following ways:
Related Party Disclosures- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Select Third Party Disclosures- We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data with the following select third parties:
- Our suppliers and subcontractors (i.e., processors) that have been engaged by Us.
- Business partners, subject to your affirmative consent, who may wish to use your data for marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time via the link provided in our email correspondence. Alternatively, you can deactivate your account via your dashboard on our Site.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but We may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition precedent for you to use our Site.
III. We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following reasons :
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Plentific Ltd or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Plentific Ltd together with our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
E. LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
We process your Personal Data for the following purposes and on the following legal basis:
I. Pursuant to Art. 6(1)(b) of GDPR to enter into, perform, modify or terminate a contractual relationship with you, in particular:
- To enable your access to and visit of the Site.
- To perform our contractual obligations to you.
- To facilitate your login on our Site, to recognise you as a user and spare you from re-entering your data upon your revisits to our Site.
II. Pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR based on our legitimate interests:
- To improve our Site and services and adapt them to your needs.
- To perform verification checks, where verification is a condition precedent for you to use our Site.
- To prevent, detect, process and investigate malfunctions, incidents, fraudulent or other illegal activities, or mitigate the risk of occurrence of the aforementioned events.
- To ensure network and information security.
- To prevent fraud.
- To create statistics on access channels, the use of our Site and the transition to our partner’s websites.
- For our accounting and invoicing purposes.
- To display advertisements and special offers that may match your interests.
- For marketing purposes.
- To enhance the safety and security of the communities where our Pros operate.
- To enable your interaction with social networks.
- For the purpose of business process outsourcing.
III. Pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) of GDPR based on your consent:
- to send you emails or push messages about Plentific Ltd, status notifications, news, new functionality or offers of our select third parties,
IV. Pursuant to Art. 6(1)(c) of GDPR to comply with legal obligations, e.g. to observe retention periods required by trade or tax law or to comply with obligations to disclose data based on a legally binding court decision or official order.
F. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
G. KYC AND OTHER BACKGROUND SEARCHES
We reserve the right to carry out know your customer and other background searches on both our Customers and Pros alike who wish to utilise our Site. All information We collect from such background searches will be kept completely confidential and will only be used by us to evaluate your application/registration to our Site.
H. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (" EEA"). It may also be processed by personnel and/or third party suppliers engaged by Us who operate outside the EEA. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of the EEA.
Whenever We transfer Personal Data to a country outside the EEA, We ensure a similar level of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will transfer Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data by the European Commission. European Commission Adequacy Decision
- Where we use service providers located outside the EEA, We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Data the same protection as it has in the EEA. EU Model Contract Clauses
- Where we use service providers based in the US, We may transfer Personal Data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to Personal Data as it has in the EEA. Privacy Shield Framework
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once We receive it. However, due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure and other factors, the security of End User information may be compromised at any time. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Therefore, We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information and disclaim any assurance that such information will remain free from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorised access.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, all information you provide to Us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
J. DATA PROCESSORS
Data processors are third parties who provide elements of our Site and/or services for Us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your Personal Data unless we have instructed them to do it. We will never sell your Personal Data to third parties.
K. DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain Personal Data only for as long as is necessary, subject to applicable privacy laws and regulations. In some cases, We will have a legal or statutory obligation to retain information for a set period (for example: accounting records).
L. POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors who are under the age of 16 through our Site and/or the services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Us with personally identifiable information without his/her consent, then he or she should contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org described below. If We become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided Us with personally identifiable information, We will delete such information from our files.
M. YOUR RIGHTS
Applicable privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR) give you certain rights in regards to the Personal Data We collect about you. Those rights include the following:
- To request from Us access to Personal Data We may hold on you;
- To request the rectification of Personal Data;
- To impose restrictions on, or otherwise object to, processing your Personal Data;
- Data portability;
- Right to be forgotten (i.e. deletion right)
If you request that your Personal Data be deleted before a service transaction is complete, We may not be able to provide that service.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at email@example.com.
In addition, We expressly reserve the right to delay or otherwise deny any such request that you submit to Us if said request would result in a violation of applicable laws and regulations, or otherwise adversely affect any legitimate interest We seek to assert.
Any changes We may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
As permitted by applicable law, if you continue to use our Site and underlying services hereon after the effective date of any change to this Policy, then such access and/or use will be deemed an acceptance of and an agreement to follow and be bound by the updated Policy. The revised Policy supersedes all previous versions hereof. Upon our request, you agree to accept or sign a non-electronic version of this Policy and any other policies or agreements referenced hereunder.
O. INQUIRIES & CONCERNS
You may contact Plentific Ltd by using the 'contact us' feature that can be found on our Site. We will do our best to provide a prompt response to your question. In addition, our designated Data Protection Officer is responsible for overseeing compliance with this Policy. You can reach this Data Protection Officer by calling him at 0203 960 5413, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding this Policy, please contact Us as described above. We will investigate your question, respond to your inquiry, and attempt to resolve any concerns regarding your privacy question. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your complaint or, if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Us within 30 days from your submission of same, then please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.